AP Recruiters & Associates
We go the extra mile to make both our clients and candidates happy. The Right talent at the Right time.
We are a State of Florida certified Minority and Veteran Owned Business serving clients nationwide since 2007.
Database Engineer - IV
This is a 7+ months contract position located in Minneapolis, MN
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred. -
- Minimum of five years of experience with distributed systems testing support.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to think logically.
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- A good understanding of the underlying AIX operating system
- Ability to gain knowledge quickly with the physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- A good knowledge Oracle data integrity
- Ability to gain sound knowledge quickly of the implemented application systems
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to perform thorough, methodical research to investigate problems and produce detailed written explanation of research results.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, interpersonal, oral communications, customer relations, and writing skills.
- Strong initiative - System installation, configuration, build, deployment and support experience in a complex distributed AIX installation environment is desirable.
- Experience with AIX, Websphere, MQ Series, and XML or transferrable skills is desirable..
- Software development experience with JAVA or other programming language is desirable.
- Experience using Remedy, JIRA, SILK, SharePoint, and Visio are desirable.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Occasionally work weekend or evening hours as needed
- Candidates need a more development and DB performance focused DBA. Most of the DBA’s job is writing code to test DBs, troubleshooting deployment package issues, creating wrapper code around testing, and creating procedures to generate data.
- The successful candidate will have intimate knowledge of the Oracle database technologies to support testing activities in an IBM AIX environment.
- This is expected to be a resource capable of assisting, with minimal direct supervision, with the performance, high availability and remote site failover test planning and scripting, oversee the execution of the testing, and provide input to the post-test analysis efforts for the ACH Modernization effort.
- Key Activities With a good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools the successful candidate will provide the application DBA role in support of the deployment, testing, defect remediation and follow up tuning activities for the ACH Modernization effort.
- This will include interfacing with the legacy application DBA team(s) as well as the National IT DBA support.