Garden City, Kansas
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - Yes
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
The Maintenance Manager leads and supports the Maintenance function. Sets priorities and coordinates crew activities and assignments and is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to onverting or corrugated equipment. Serves as a technical resource for production managers. Responsible for successfully establishing an operating environment that sustains a safe culture and embraces a continuous improvement process. Also responsible for leading the facility efforts in quality through management of all quality systems.
- Oversee Maintenance department and leads employees to insure safe operations producing quality products in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Continual focus on improving and sustaining machine reliability.
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and Implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Insure full utilization of SAP work order system.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Insure adequate inventories of spare parts is maintained and materials, parts, and supplies are purchased as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Work with supervisors and operating teams to understand and improve manufacturing and quality systems, while emphasizing use of manufacturing reliability tools to accomplish operating objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or 5 years related maintenance experience required.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Five years experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Action oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Command Skills
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Previous corrugated industry experience
Previous maintenance manager experience