AP Recruiters & Associates
We go the extra mile to make both our clients and candidates happy. The Right talent at the Right time.
We are a State of Florida certified Minority and Veteran Owned Business serving clients nationwide since 2007.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Pediatric Oncology
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
- Sign-On Bonus OR Relocation
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
- Evaluate patients on the floor, participate in multidisciplinary rounds, assess plan of care for patients on the floor.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- Strong Pediatric Oncology experience Current CA RN and CNS license 5 years acute care Pediatrics experience Must have BLS and PALS card by American Heart Association
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (eg., pediatrics, oncology, adult medicine). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Provides advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research and administration.
· Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
· Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
· Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
· Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
· Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
· Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
· Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
· Accesses Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific Health Connect competencies.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of clinical specialty required.
· Bachelor's degree
· Master's degree in a clinical field of nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master's/post master's nursing academic program.
License, Certification, Registration
· Current California RN license by date of hire.
· Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing by date of hire.
· Current BLS certificate required.
· May require a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI) if needed for Clinical Nurse Specialist prior to date of hire.
· Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
· Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
· ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.