Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing software in Python, object-oriented database and grid using proprietary Quartz platform.
• Responsible for building REST web services
• Responsible for designing the interface between UI and REST service.
• Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on the Angular framework.
• Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle.
• Participating fully in the Agile software development process
• 10 years of overall technology experience or 3 years of Python experience
• Python experience required. We use Python 2.7
• Experience with git, NPM, Angular preferred
• Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable.
• Experience with grid computing and high data volume a plus
• Experience with the object-oriented database a plus
• Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
• We prefer people with experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python.
• Strong written and verbal communications
The employee will be working from Brookfield Place in downtown New York