The Database Designer will be a core member of the Global Capital Markets Technology team that is responsible for the development and support of Global Capital Markets technology applications. The candidate will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth and improvement, within a talented team.
The role is to create, design, automate, manage large amounts of data and databases.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- 3+ years of total experience with experience designing and managing a complex database infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases, ETL processes, replication, cloud database services and shell scripting on Linux and other modern technology platforms Unix/Linux scripting
- Good understanding of key design principles for data architecture, design, and development
- Proven analytical skills and ability to own work from problem to resolution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of backend database development – Oracle preferred
- Defines and evaluates problems and designs effective solutions.
- Responsible for development and support of various applications in the group and
- hands-on design, architecting and development of solutions.
- Very strong communication skills, and the ability to interact with senior business partners as well as senior technology management
- Responsible for developing clean and progressively enhanced code for complex enterprise applications
Ideal Personal Profile
- An individual of high integrity, energy, and optimism who is self-directed and motivated.
- Financial sector experience is a plus
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both oral and written; a person who is articulate and a good presenter of ideas.
- A good listener; a person who seeks input and involves others in his/her communications; a person who values and cultivates relationships.
- An individual with a demonstrated ability to get things done and make things happen; a person who is resourceful, seizes opportunities and is an innovator.
- An entrepreneurial individual who is not afraid to challenge; a person who is creative and can “think outside of the box.”
- A professional who wants to contribute to the organization and is results oriented.