- Ensures compliance with all company and local requirements.
- Conducts studies and analyzes daily control test results and historical data in order to maintain product specifications and quality.
- Investigates production process problems and initiates root cause analysis.
- Institutes control methods and procedures to maintain or improve product quality and productivity.
- Responds to requests from the production process for assistance in solving technical machine or processing difficulties.
- Provides assistance as needed for the start-up or modifications of production equipment.
- Supports efforts to implement improved utilization trends.
- Inspects and analyzes returned goods or defective product and initiates root cause analysis.
- Maintains and implements a continuous program for improved quality and waste control.
- Properly dispositions materials and products in accordance with company and local guidelines.
- Works with and correlates specified production methods and procedures closely with production teammates.
- Trains teammates in current and newly developed instructions and methods to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Develops and maintains material specifications, bills of materials for products and routings of products to ensure proper financial tracking of the assigned processes.
- 4-year degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- 2+ years of process or product engineering experience in a manufacturing facility
- Rubber compounding and/or processing experience
- Experience in writing operating instructions and standardized work procedure