AP Recruiters & Associates
We go the extra mile to make both our clients and candidates happy. The Right talent at the Right time.
We are a State of Florida certified Minority and Veteran Owned Business serving clients nationwide since 2007.
Assistant Nurse Manager - Med Tele
The client wants an Assistant Nurse Manager - Med Tele(Permanent) to work from Oakland, California.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration: Current California RN license by date of hire.
Current BLS certification required.
PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field preferred.