Senior SQA Load and Performance Analyst
Kansas City, MO
This is 6 months contract to perm position located in Kansas City, MO
The Client is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance professional to develop, support and deliver automated Load & Performance testing strategies and solutions for small to large-scale complex Cloud applications. This role requires collaborating with business and technical staff to gather and analyze data, requirements, workflows and workload, and prepare test plan and test cases.
Develops, establishes, and applies quality assurance testing practices and measures for highly complex software throughout the development/product lifecycle in alignment with System, Client, department, and industry standards.
Establishes and adheres to quality assurance guidelines, controls and SQA Department standards as defined by the project and/or organization requesting testing services.
Participates in and facilitates meetings to communicate progress and barriers to completing application development and testing goals.
Assists with the review and evaluation of candidates for the SQA team.
Promotes teamwork and collaboration in an open team room environment.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in software engineering, computer science, business administration or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience in a field related to software development required.
- Software quality assurance certification from an industry recognized organization such as the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) or QAI Global Institute preferred.
- Six years of direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release required.
- Proficient in the understanding and application of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies, along with proven experience in applying standards on major projects and product releases.
- Proficient in the understanding and application of change management, software packaging and deployment concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience facilitating team meetings and work sessions with technical and non-technical participants at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Strong working knowledge of test management or application life cycle management tools to conduct test planning, execution, reporting and defect tracking preferred.
- Experience reviewing and researching log files to troubleshoot issues preferred.
- Experience with relational databases and developing and executing moderate to complex SQL statements for testing validation.
- 4+ years of experience performance testing within cloud environments.
- 8+ years advanced level experience with web and web services performance testing using automation tools.
- 8+ years advanced knowledge of LoadRunner and JMeter.
- 8+ years of experience performance testing within virtual environments.
- Knowledge of the following: o LDAP o AD o Authentication Protocols o Digital Certificates o SSO (SiteMinder preferably) o VDI infrastructure (VMWare, Citrix, Cloud Authentication, etc…).
– Experience with developing and presenting business performance test results to customer and technical team.
– Experience with Web Accessibility testing using Compliance Sheriff, JAWS, NVDA, etc.
- Experience with implementing Load & Performance tests into CI/CD pipeline tools (i.e. Bamboo, Jenkins, and/or Gitlab).
– Experience with Docker and how to dockerize applications.